Sunday, September 2, 2012

Coming out of the closet.


 Or maybe it would be more appropriate to say "Coming out of the bathroom".  Because that's the place I've been spending most of my time lately.

So here it goes.  About a year ago, I was diagnosed with Proctitis.  Oh it is a fun and sexy disease, let me tell you.  You may be more familiar with it's cousin, Colitis?   Essentially it's the same disease, except that Proctitis affects only the anus and the last 6 inches of the lining of the rectum (you can read more here if you so desire).  My particular symptoms include bleeding, mucous, gas, bloating, and a frequent and absolutely urgent need to find a toilet.

Full disclosure -- I'm writing about this because I could use some support.  I also need a way to keep my sense of humor, and sharing stories about my wild and crazy adventures is a good way to do this. 

For now, I would just appreciate some understanding when I get that panicked look in my eyes and dart out of the room mid-sentence.  I promise that I would stay and finish the conversation if I could!

-G 




1 comment: